FSP Board Meeting
February 24, 2013
Meeting called to order 1:17pm
Attending: Carla, Rich on skype, Varrin, Steve, Seamas Sharon, Jody at the Crowne Plaza after Liberty Forum
a. Seamas shared 2012 expenditures and compared it to the projected 2013 budget.
b. 501c3 file will be opened in June, so we won’t hear until after PorcFest.
c. Approximately $20k was raised yesterday at LF for Carla’s Trigger the Move campaign.
d. Carla has some promises for more contributions; will plan with Sharon an outreach approach.
e. Jody moved to accept the preliminary budget that starts with the 2012 budget, and also includes the $20k that Carla raised at LF and $10k for website redesign. Steve seconded. All ayes; Carla abstained.
f. Seamas will prepare a monthly breakdown of prioritized budget items, to be sent to us next week.
g. Rich moved to approve budget via email. Seamas seconded. Unanimous.
- Web site content.
a. Carla will write it, and will recruit volunteers to help. Target: 3 weeks for release (around March 17).
FSP Board Meeting
January 14, 2013
Meeting called to order at 8:06pm on skype.
Attending: Rich, Seamas, Steve, Jody, Varrin (for a short while), and Carla
501c3, donor packets, and fundraising efforts
Free State Now
Donor database policy
· New signers in Dec = 94, signers SO FAR in Jan = 98.
· Kari is working out great with PR strategy
· FB FSP group's privacy status changed from "public" to "closed." The process for new members remain the same (i.e. have to be authorized by an admin). The FSP page remains public."
· Chris Lopez is still great. We’ll need to do another fundraiser for 2013-14 around May.
- 501c3, donor packets, and fundraising efforts
· The IRS is currently working on March 2012 501(c)3 applications so, barring them getting even further behind, they should started on ours around May.
FSP Board Meeting
October 31, 2012
Attending: Rich, Séamas, Jody, Varrin, Carla, Sharon (late)
Meeting started 8:14pm
Note: Originally scheduled meeting was postponed due to Hurricane Sandy. Meeting was rescheduled with less than the required seven days’ notice, and Stephen Cobb could not attend. He has no objections to the decisions made or these minutes as posted.
Chris Lopez: Atlas Shrugged Outreach Curtis
Post-election publicity plans.
Postponed Welcome Sharon until Sharon arrives.
Chris Lopez: She’s working out great. She will be sending about 1000 welcome letters/recruit someone letters in the next couple of weeks. Funding is fine.
Atlas Shrugged Outreach: Great both times. Some connections were made for contributions, nothing done yet (waiting for 501(c)3 status). Jody and Séamas contributed miles and bed to make it low cost/free.
FSP Board Meeting
August 20, 2012
Attending: Varrin, Carla, Rich, Seamas, Steve, Jody
Called to order at 7:15pm.
- Liberty Forum.
· Chris Lawless has expressed that he doesn't really want to organize it. Carla is currently planning to have "in-depth" discussion in Tampa. Suggestions that he can train an "apprentice" if he will do it once more.
· Chris should pass down a nominal schedule with some key milestones like dates for Venue and Speaker selected.
· Carla said 6 months is a good event cycle
· Dates: They’re looking at 3 options, one of which is late February.
· It was suggested that Carla post dates to O-list and Doers.
· Revisit Chris issue after Tampa.
FSP Board Meeting June 23, 2012
Attending: Seamas, Carla, Rich, Varrin, Jody, Brandon
Started at 9:35am at Rogers Campground
501c3 would be easier if Brandon’s resignation was dated early August.
Two more reviews: Varrin and Carla. Final version will be ready a week after that.
· We’ll chip in for a spa day for Sharon. For Jason: bacon and booze? Carla will take care of logistics.
· Rogers had water problems again. Hard to find another place. Some people are talking about buying a campground somewhere.
· Everything else is going great.
· Sharon may not want to do it next year. She needs a protégé. We want them!
· Dates will be set tomorrow with Crosby.
· Speakers like the VIP lounge. Maybe a different name: first class ticket, paid more money.
· Next year’s program: Have a clear definition of what the FSP is.
Appreciation with Carla as president.
FSP Board Meeting Minutes
April 23, 2012
Attending: Seamas, Jody (chair), Varrin, Steve, Carla, Rich (late), Brandon (late)
Meeting started at 8:05pm on skype
· 501c3 status
· PorcFest status and budget
· Ron Paul outreach status
· FSP Fundraising/Development
· Hiring of Chris Lopez as FSP admin
· Brandon's resignation
· Email discussion moved this forward.
· Try to expect and head off IRS complaints
· Still need some tax forms, and then a final review
· Need to lean it toward education to make the case for a non-profit. Some ideas: providing education about the benefits of geographically concentrated communities of active liberty-minded individuals. (or something like that);
· Brandon said he’d review the 1023 filing before we send it out.
· There will be a fee of about $750, which will get returned if it’s rejected.
· The rest can be handled by email.
PorcFest status and budget
· Going swimmingly.
FSP Board Meeting
Saturday, Feb 25, 2012
Attending: Seamas, Varrin, Brandon, Steve, Rich, Jody, Carla
New PF logo. None of us loves it, but it’s already on things. Wish they would have asked for more feedback, but that’s life. Organizers like to put their mark on things.
Thanks to Lawless. Buy them something, like a game as a token for the family time that LF took away. Varrin will ask Edi if she will do that.
501c3 status. We can finish it in 60 days. We filed two applications under the old fsp. 501c3 and 4, neither were accepted. The 3 wasn’t accepted because we didn’t actively pursue it., weren’t persistent What’s left: the application, the budget. Seamas will shepherd it. Brandon will send some docs to Seamas. Some creative writing needs to be done to frame what we want to do. We should file a non-profit return, 990.
2012 Budget. Seamas had handouts! With Carla’s additions, the budget gets high. Instead of looking at each item and cutting, Seamas suggested prioritizing what needs to be done.
Free State Project Board Meeting 27 September 2003
Jason Sorens Mary Lou Seymour Amanda Maxwell Tim Condon Matt Cheselka
Jason called the meeting to order
There was no old business to discuss 3. New Business
A. Ballot Return Deadline Jason moved that the deadline for returning ballots be moved from 22 September 2003 to 25 September 2003 Mary Lou 2nd After discussion, vote was 5 in favor, 0 against. Motion passes. B. Press Conference Discussion A discussion amoungst the board took place regarding details of the press conference in New York City. Location, logistics, etc., were all discussed. 4. Adjournment
Jason moved that the meeting be adjourned Matt 2nd No Discussion Vote was 5 in favor, 0 against. Motion Passes Meeting closed
Free State Project Board Meeting 8 November 2003
Jason Sorens Mary Lou Seymour Amanda Maxwell Matt Cheselka
Jason called the meeting to order at 1:37 pm eastern time
A. Election of Treasurer Jason moved that the board elect Malcolm Hastings as treasurer, provided he is willing to undertake the responsibilities, including coordinating the effort to apply for 501c4 status, and offer Amanda Phillips the option to remain an organizer and assistant to Malcolm, with possible future responsibilities in leadership. Mary Lou 2nd After discussion, the motion was amended by Jason to elect Malcolm Hastings as treasurer of the Free State Project. Mary Lou 2nd vote was 4 in favor, 1 absent, 0 against. Motion passes. 3. New Business
A. Relationship with other organizations in New Hampshire Mary Lou moved that Jason draft a short paragraph outlining the policy of the FSP towards other orgs in NH Amanda 2nd After discussion, vote was 4 in favor, 1 absent, 0 against. Motion passes.