March 2009 Board Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 2:01 PM. Steve C., Jon M., Varrin S., Jean A., Jason S. present.
Agenda: 1. Minutes from previous meeting amended and approved. 2. Jason moves to elect Cathleen Converse Treasurer as of a date agreed by Jean & Cathleen. Jean seconds. Motion passes 5-0. 3. Jason moves to place Cathleen on the Organizers list. Jean seconds. Motion passes 5-0. 4. Varrin moves to remove Mark Warden from the Organizers list, per his request. Jason seconds. Motion passes 5-0. 5. Jason moves to adopt strategic goals for 2009. Varrin seconds. Motion passes 5-0. Strategic goals: "1. Re-launch fundraising and include direct mail and calls to large donors; explore new avenues for fund-raising. Goal: $35,000 in general donations.
"2. Re-launch the local booths and speakers program, with outreach to liberty-oriented events around the country using local FSP volunteers. Budgeted: $9,000 for booths & materials, $500 for travel expenses.
"3. Increase the rate of participants' moving to New Hampshire, with an emphasis on First 1,000 signers.
"4. Emphasize the "friend" signup option for people new to the FSP, increase the friend signup rate."
- Varrin moves to thank Jon Maltz for service to the Board. Motion passes 4-0, Jon abstains. Louis C. joins meeting.
- Discussion of new board member, will wait until next month to make decision.
- Jason moves to amend the Dual Officers Policy to read as follows: The executive, corporate officers of the FSP should not hold executive, corporate office in political organizations during their FSP term of office. Varrin seconds. Motion passes 6-0.
- Varrin moves to accept Irena's absence from meetings as an excused absence for medical reasons for purposes of the Bylaws attendance requirements. Jason seconds. Motion passes 6-0.
- Jason moves to adjourn. Varrin seconds. Motion passes 6-0. Meeting adjourned.