FSP Board Meeting
August 20, 2012
Attending: Varrin, Carla, Rich, Seamas, Steve, Jody
Called to order at 7:15pm.
- Liberty Forum.
· Chris Lawless has expressed that he doesn't really want to organize it. Carla is currently planning to have "in-depth" discussion in Tampa. Suggestions that he can train an "apprentice" if he will do it once more.
· Chris should pass down a nominal schedule with some key milestones like dates for Venue and Speaker selected.
· Carla said 6 months is a good event cycle
· Dates: They’re looking at 3 options, one of which is late February.
· It was suggested that Carla post dates to O-list and Doers.
· Revisit Chris issue after Tampa.
"It's OK, I've been here before, you're expected to push," an American voice managed to cut through the thick of the human mass. We had never been to Kiev’s Boryspil Airport before, but I could feel the Communism was still in the air. Like humidity in a coastal city, it always manages to linger.
My brother Josh and I had left Ben-Gurion airport in Israel about four hours earlier and were rushing to make our connection to New York. Aah, I gasped as I started making my way to the gate. Finally on my way to the land of the free and the home of the… security lines, questioning booths, and body scanners.
The truth is, the first time I felt optimistic about my life change was about twenty hours later when we first drove our rental car past a large and clumsy sign that read: "Welcome New Hampshire. Live Free or Die."
FSP Board Meeting June 23, 2012
Attending: Seamas, Carla, Rich, Varrin, Jody, Brandon
Started at 9:35am at Rogers Campground
501c3 would be easier if Brandon’s resignation was dated early August.
Two more reviews: Varrin and Carla. Final version will be ready a week after that.
· We’ll chip in for a spa day for Sharon. For Jason: bacon and booze? Carla will take care of logistics.
· Rogers had water problems again. Hard to find another place. Some people are talking about buying a campground somewhere.
· Everything else is going great.
· Sharon may not want to do it next year. She needs a protégé. We want them!
· Dates will be set tomorrow with Crosby.
· Speakers like the VIP lounge. Maybe a different name: first class ticket, paid more money.
· Next year’s program: Have a clear definition of what the FSP is.
Appreciation with Carla as president.
On June 5, my husband Adam and I arrived in Manchester, NH after a seven-day drive from Los Angeles, California. We had been planning our trip for over three years, since our first visit to New Hampshire for Liberty Forum in 2009. This spring I started blogging at The New Porcupine to document the planning, spending, and experiences that go along with moving across the country for the Free State Project. After three weeks of apartment-hunting, PorcFest, and hanging out in different regions of NH, Adam and I moved into our new home right in the heart of Manchester. We look forward to hooking into our community of fellow Porcupines and other New Hampshirites and helping to achieve liberty in our lifetimes!
And now, to answer some New Mover questions:
1. What online resource did you find most useful when planning your move?
FSP Board Meeting Minutes
April 23, 2012
Attending: Seamas, Jody (chair), Varrin, Steve, Carla, Rich (late), Brandon (late)
Meeting started at 8:05pm on skype
· 501c3 status
· PorcFest status and budget
· Ron Paul outreach status
· FSP Fundraising/Development
· Hiring of Chris Lopez as FSP admin
· Brandon's resignation
· Email discussion moved this forward.
· Try to expect and head off IRS complaints
· Still need some tax forms, and then a final review
· Need to lean it toward education to make the case for a non-profit. Some ideas: providing education about the benefits of geographically concentrated communities of active liberty-minded individuals. (or something like that);
· Brandon said he’d review the 1023 filing before we send it out.
· There will be a fee of about $750, which will get returned if it’s rejected.
· The rest can be handled by email.
PorcFest status and budget
· Going swimmingly.
FSP Board Meeting
Saturday, Feb 25, 2012
Attending: Seamas, Varrin, Brandon, Steve, Rich, Jody, Carla
New PF logo. None of us loves it, but it’s already on things. Wish they would have asked for more feedback, but that’s life. Organizers like to put their mark on things.
Thanks to Lawless. Buy them something, like a game as a token for the family time that LF took away. Varrin will ask Edi if she will do that.
501c3 status. We can finish it in 60 days. We filed two applications under the old fsp. 501c3 and 4, neither were accepted. The 3 wasn’t accepted because we didn’t actively pursue it., weren’t persistent What’s left: the application, the budget. Seamas will shepherd it. Brandon will send some docs to Seamas. Some creative writing needs to be done to frame what we want to do. We should file a non-profit return, 990.
2012 Budget. Seamas had handouts! With Carla’s additions, the budget gets high. Instead of looking at each item and cutting, Seamas suggested prioritizing what needs to be done.
Free State Project Board Meeting 27 September 2003
Jason Sorens Mary Lou Seymour Amanda Maxwell Tim Condon Matt Cheselka
Jason called the meeting to order
There was no old business to discuss 3. New Business
A. Ballot Return Deadline Jason moved that the deadline for returning ballots be moved from 22 September 2003 to 25 September 2003 Mary Lou 2nd After discussion, vote was 5 in favor, 0 against. Motion passes. B. Press Conference Discussion A discussion amoungst the board took place regarding details of the press conference in New York City. Location, logistics, etc., were all discussed. 4. Adjournment
Jason moved that the meeting be adjourned Matt 2nd No Discussion Vote was 5 in favor, 0 against. Motion Passes Meeting closed