FSP Ops Report - 4/11/04
FSP Operations Report 4/11/04
- completed the Friend sign-up page.
- enhanced website with lots of new gizmos, including new Site Index & expanded top menus.
- appointed new Executive Assistant, Sean B, transition complete.
- began the Train Your Replacement program.
- transitioned to free conference calling services.
- changed FSP address to New Hampshire!
- developed Activist Activator volunteer tracking tool.
- completed transition to new Treasurer, Karen P.
- completed FY2005 budget.
- appointed new Director of Development, Lisa G, transition complete.
- morphed the Executive Search Team for Director of Development into the Development Team (Seth A, Eddie B, Keith M, Amanda P, Karen P, Varrin S, Alan W).
- developed FSP Travel Policy (PDF)
- designed annual fundraising plan and budget, including quotes from vendors for printing and mail service for direct mail appeals.
- began designing database for accounting's use in recording and tracking gift data and donors.
- redesigned tri-fold brochure (PDF) with new professional design.
- set up accounts with Insight Magazine, HSLDA.
- created new banner designs for Insight, HSLDA.
- scheduled banners/newsletter advertising beginning on 4/15 on Insight.com.
- continued negotiations for placement on boortz.com.
- represented the FSP at various outreach events this month: Reason Weekend, Berks PA Libertarians, LPPA Convention, LPVA Convention, MDLP Convention, NJLP Convention, LPMN Convention, LPMA Convention, Willamette University, Varrin's radio appearance.
- planned future outreach events: tax-day protests, Fountainhead Institute, American Arms Collector Convention, national NRA Convention, VTLP Convention, OHLP, national NORML Convention, RLC Convention, national LP Convention, FreedomFest, LPCO, Fox Valley LP, Freedom Summit.
- continued to stock & organize booth materials.
- located new Local Group Leaders for NE, SD, ND, and Southern California.
- planned local fundraiser dinner for 4/17 at UMBC, Maryland.
- created web page where local groups can post proven outreach ideas.
- held many local group meetings, providing social interaction and allowing prospective members to meet current members.
- implemented new clickable map on Local Groups page.
- began development of Speakers Bureau web page.
- President traveled to south Florida & met with Floridian porcupines.
New Hampshire Activity
- kicked PorcFest planning into overdrive. Lined up all speakers. Saturday night party planning is ongoing. Tim continues to "spam" (advertise the event) every Monday. 130 attendees RSVPed.
- formed the NH Welcome Wagon consisting of seven regional NH Groups. The NH Groups started regular meetings this month. Still deciding on a better name for the Welcome Wagon.
- developed NH Welcome Wagon web page, not yet announced.
- FSP CD/DVD for presentations is under development
- continued Media Tree reorganization, almost conplete. (This was a massive project.)
- endorsed by award-winning libertarian science fiction author L Neil Smith and also by Republican Liberty Caucus.
- worked on obtaining many other high profile endorsements still in progress.
- ran member-initiated ads on fark.com and somethingawful.com.
- conducted Killington outreach, shadow ad campaign. Began planning for the Killington Airlift.
- tested pilot of an FSP internet talk radio show. FSP Member hosted two hour pilot. Will make go/nogo decision after receiving proposal and cost.
- featured in Readers Digest article, also discussed briefly on Rush Limbaugh program.
- obtained mailing list of 20,000 Massachusetts Libertarians, planning direct mail campaigns in Mass and other states.