There's more information about finding housing here on the FSP website.
Buying a house
Here are some sites to check out different places in the state.
- New Hampshire Counties
- New Hampshire Bigger Cities (over 6000 residents)
- New Hampshire house listings
- House listings For Sale By Owner (FSBO)
- "Tips on Working with a Realtor", article by Dave Walthour
- "More Tips on Working with a Realtor", article by Mike Lorry
Renting for a while in New Hampshire is a good idea even if you are already prepared to purchase a home. This will give you time to check out New Hampshire and find just the right fit for your new life here.
- PorcManor.com - Rooms for rent by Freestaters, to Freestaters.
- Craigslist usually has listings with photos.
- Roommates.com usually has listings with photos.
When you check out a place to rent, bring a camera and take plenty of pictures. These pictures will help you remember each place if you are looking at several different places. The pictures will be very helpful when planning your move.
Remember to ask what your utilities may cost if they aren't included in the rent.
When you move in to your new place take pictures and document any minor problems with the apartment. Most places have a form to fill out. Don't skip going over the apartment right after you move in. If you don't document any minor damages when you move in you could be charged for them when you move out even though you weren't responsible for them.