The FSP Drupal site code is under version control. All items contributing to site functionality, including Drupal core, all modules, and all themes, but excluding the files subdirectories, and settings.php files are kept in the source repository.
Git & GitHub
The source repository is managed very simply:
- All code is kept in a central repository, and changes pushed back to this repository before staging / production releases.
- Developers clone the central repository on their development systems (either personal or the shared FSP development systems).
- Changes are made and tested on the development systems, on the master branch.
- When changes are ready to be released, they are pushed back to the remote master branch.
Releases are made from tags on the master branch. See the release process for how releases are done.
How to get started
- Create an account at github, and add your public SSH key to the account
- Post your request for access, with your github account to the FSP IT mailing group
- You'll be added to the FSP-Website repository on GitHub
- Clone the repository
- Code away!
- Push your changes to the main repository when they're tested and ready to go
- Either release the code, if you have access, or request a release be made on the FSP IT mailing group