The hosting company backs up the following directories on a daily basis:
||Web server files (drupal, forum, etc.)
||Web server log files
|/etc/apache||Web server configuration
|/var/lib/mysql||Mysql database files
||Web admin user home folder (db dumps, etc.)
Each database on the server is backed up via a daily webadmin cron process The backups are written to the /home/webadmin/db-backups directory. The script takes care of rotating files, and keeping weekly and monthly backups. Monthly backups need to be cleaned out from time to time.
The following backups are kept, in a separate file for each database:
- A daily backup for each of the past 7 days, made each morning at 1:30 AM PST
- Five weeks worth of weekly backups, made every Saturday morning.
- Monthly backups made on the first of the month, kept indefinitely (should be erased by admin if repository grows too large)
Offsite backups of the database and files folders are made daily via a webadmin cron rsync:
- The daily database backup set is copied via rsync to the email@example.com account, in the ~/dbbakwebadmin folder.
- The drupal files folder content is copied via rsync to the firstname.lastname@example.org account, in the ~/prdfilebak folder.