2012-2-25 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
FSP Board Meeting
Saturday, Feb 25, 2012
Attending: Seamas, Varrin, Brandon, Steve, Rich, Jody, Carla
1. New PF logo. None of us loves it, but it’s already on things. Wish they would have asked for more feedback, but that’s life. Organizers like to put their mark on things.
2. Thanks to Lawless. Buy them something, like a game as a token for the family time that LF took away. Varrin will ask Edi if she will do that.
3. 501c3 status. We can finish it in 60 days. We filed two applications under the old fsp. 501c3 and 4, neither were accepted. The 3 wasn’t accepted because we didn’t actively pursue it., weren’t persistent What’s left: the application, the budget. Seamas will shepherd it. Brandon will send some docs to Seamas. Some creative writing needs to be done to frame what we want to do. We should file a non-profit return, 990.
4. 2012 Budget. Seamas had handouts! With Carla’s additions, the budget gets high. Instead of looking at each item and cutting, Seamas suggested prioritizing what needs to be done.
Brandon said he could get the Ron Paul membership lists.
The president is authorized to use the development budget to compensate fundraisers.
A lot of the budget is contingent on cashflow.
Free facebook ads – Keith Carlson is willing to help people figure out how to do it. Using copy from Rich, who will put it on an FSP page.
Our ads should target 3 things: signing, money, event attendance.
Rich moved that the updated budget be approved, subject to the edits made on paper. Seconded by Carla. Unanimous.
5. Fundraising. Done.
6. IT Improvements. Also done.
7. NHLF/ PorcFest. Good number of first timers here. Need FB advertiser for PF. We don’t yet have a written budget from the Osbornes.
8. 1000 movers! When are we aiming for 20,000 signatures? This is dependent on when we become a 501c3. Ron Paul campaign will provide a lot. Target: 5 years to get to the 20k signatures.
Meeting adjourned at 10:15am.
Minutes submitted by Jody.