2008-06-12 Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Free State Project, Inc
Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
June 12, 2008
Meeting called to order at 10:20 AM.
Jon M., Jason S., Irena G., Jean A.,
and Varrin S. Present.
1) Libertarian call list (Jason Osborne plan) - Jon will be in charge
of delivering specifications for signing up participants to Jason.
2) Irena announces pregnancy and need to find replacement in three
months. Discussed potential candidates. Discussed refresh of Organizers
list to enhance pool of Board candidates. Motion to remove Amanda P., Tim
B., and Lloyd D. from the Organizers list passes 5-0. Motion to invite
Mark W. passes 5-0.
3) Discussed location, timing, and expense of next year's Porcupine
Festival. Irena moves to put together a committee for vetting locations
and dates for next year's Porcupine Festival. Jason seconds. Irena amends
motion to require that the committee submit its results to the Board by
the August Board meeting. Carla will be appointed to lead and select
committee, Jon will be on committee. Motion passes 5-0.
4) Chris Lawless will organize the 2009 Liberty Forum. Kate Richards
will organize the 2010 Liberty Forum.
5) Mailing to Ron Paul list - so far no response, Chris Lawless
6) Flexible triggers need changing due to electoral process (certain
presidential candidates eliminated), Irena will order change.
7) Discussed future fundraising efforts, need cushion before Liberty
Meeting adjourned at approximately 11:30 AM.