- Responsible for overseeing the executive functions of the FSP.
- Performs all duties prescribed by the Board of Directors.
- Prepares monthly operations report for the Board of Directors.
- Executes deeds, mortgages, bonds, contracts, checks, or other instruments
on behalf of the FSP.
- Approves invoices and expense reimbursements for payment.
- Recruits and develops volunteers for key positions.
- Delegates and disappears, as appropriate.
- Communicates with the membership, listening and responding to concerns.
Board of Directors
- Establishes overall strategy for the organization.
- Appoints and removes, employs and discharges, and, except as otherwise
provided in the Bylaws, prescribes the duties and fixes the compensation,
if any, of all officers, agents, and employees of the Free State Project,
- Supervises all officers, agents, and employees of the Free State Project,
Inc. to assure that their duties are performed properly.
- Meets at such times as required by the Bylaws.
- Registers their addresses and e-mail addresses with the Secretary of the
FSP; notices of meetings mailed or e-mailed to them at such addresses
shall be valid notices thereof.
Assistant to the President
- Assists the officers with general administrative tasks.
- Screens and answers the president@ e-mail address.
- Maintains the organization chart.
- Maintains the FSP's calendar of events.
- Maintains the official list of Free State Project members and provides it
weekly to the FSP Secretary.
- Responsible for updating, modifying, and analyzing the database while
maintaining its integrity and protecting the privacy of all FSP participants.
- Operates the back-end scripts and programs for the website database.
- Reports signup feedback on marketing efforts.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to answer the data@ e-mail inquiries.
- Manages all technology-related issues, including website, forum, e-mail
lists, and database.
- Establishes IT goals and plans, coordinating with the overall goals of the
- Oversees network security.
- Maximizes website uptime.
- Plans and oversees IT projects.
Director of Participant Services
- Manages all member-related issues.
- Answers general inquiries from the membership.
- Coordinates membership mailings.
- Maintains meeting minutes.
- Maintains contact information for officers and directors.
- Certifies and keeps the original, or a copy, of the Bylaws as amended or
- Sees that all notices are duly given in accordance with the provisions of
- Acts as custodian of the records and of the seal of the FSP and affixes
the seal to duly executed documents of the FSP.
- Keeps a record of the names and addresses of signers of the Statement of
- Exhibits at all reasonable times to any Director of the FSP, or to his or
her agent or attorney, on request therefor, the Bylaws, the record of the
signers of the Statement of Intent, and the minutes of the proceedings of
the Directors of the FSP.
- Responsible for overall content on the FSP website.
- Maintains and enhances FSP website, working mainly with HTML and some CSS,
PHP, and PDF.
- Updates new content provided by Coordinators and Directors.
- Assists as needed in website development projects.
- Advises the Treasurer on all financial matters.
- Prepares tax returns.
- Conducts annual audit.
Director of Development
- Establishes fundraising goals and objectives.
- Prepares fundraising budget.
- Manages and leads the Annual Fundraising Appeal.
- Recruits and organizes volunteers to staff the Annual Fundraising Appeal.
- Works with the Local Groups Coordinator to utilize the regional and local
resources, as requested.
- Works with the Treasurer so that funds are secured.
- Keeps President apprised of status, progress, and plans.
- Negotiates purchases and pricing with merchandise vendors.
- Places wholesale orders for FSP merchandise.
- Maintains inventory of FSP merchandise.
- Sets retail prices for FSP merchandise.
- Maintains the web storefront.
- Fulfills retail orders for FSP merchandise.
- Assists Merchandise Coordinator.
- Has charge and custody of, and is responsible for, all funds and
securities of the FSP, and deposits all such funds in the name of the FSP.
- Receives, and gives receipt for, monies due and payable to the FSP.
- Disburses, or causes to be disbursed, the funds of the FSP.
- Keeps and maintains adequate and correct accounts of the FSP's properties
and business transactions, including accounts of its assets, liabilities,
receipts, disbursements, gains, and losses.
- Exhibits at all reasonable times the books of account and financial
records to any Director of the FSP, or to his or her agent or attorney,
- Renders to the President and Directors, whenever requested, an account of
any or all of his or her transactions as Treasurer and of the financial
condition of the FSP.
- Prepares, or causes to be prepared, and certifies, or causes to be
certified, the financial statements to be included in any required
- Responsible for creative direction and advertising strategy, budgeting,
- Researches advertising opportunities as they relate to overall branding.
- Negotiates ad rates and discounts where possible.
- Places insertion orders and artwork with appropriate media.
- Tracks advertising budget-to-actuals throughout the year.
- Develops ad concepting, including creative design and message.
- Designs newspaper advertising, collateral, and web banners.
- Actively monitors all other advertising efforts, to include television,
radio, website, and flash presentations.
Booth Materials and Special Projects Coordinator
- Organizes and maintains printed FSP materials.
- Provides printed FSP materials to Speakers and Local Groups on request.
- Performs special projects as needed.
Community Liaisons Coordinator
- Responsible for guiding and developing the Community Liaison program.
- Develops guidelines for Community Liaisons.
- Recruits and develops volunteers for Community Liaisons.
- Ensures the Community Liaison webpage is kept current.
- Mission: ensures that the FSP is maximally represented throughout the year
and around the country at events where we are likely to pick up recruits.
- Maintains a database of events.
- Proactively seeks out new events at which the FSP can recruit and/or gain
- Serves as initial liaison between FSP and event organizers.
- Locates FSP volunteers to speak and/or man vendor booths as needed
- Ensures that FSP event representatives are adequately supplied with
merchandise and supplies, such as banners and brochures.
- Solicits feedback on events in order to judge their success.
- Responsible for connecting new FSP Members with FSP Greeters in their area.
- Recruits and trains volunteers to be Greeters in each geographic region.
- Develops information packets and guidelines for Greeters.
Local Groups Coordinator
- Responsible for guiding the creation and development of FSP Local Groups
around the nation in order to assist the FSP in reaching 20,000 members.
- Develops guidelines for Local Group operations.
- Solicits volunteers for Local Group leadership.
- Provides advice to new leaders on growing their organization.
- Develops resources (i.e. presentation templates) to support Local Groups.
- Tracks changes in group boundaries, leadership, and upcoming meetings.
- Ensures the Local Group webpage is kept current.
- Uses the membership database to inform members of upcoming events.
- Monitors Google and other sources for news articles mentioning the FSP.
- Archives media articles.
National Media Representative
- Provides interviews for all national press contacts.
- Recruits, oversees and develops all other Media Representatives.
- Issues press releases.
- Coordinates publicity events.
- Maintains list of and interfaces with media contacts.
- Creates and distributes media kits.
- Solicits celebrity endorsements.
- Maintains relationships with think tanks and other prominent liberty
- Compiles and edits the monthly member newsletter.
Speakers Bureau Coordinator
- Maintains list of local FSP Speakers.
- Responds to requests for Speakers.
- Proactively seeks out speaking engagements for Speakers.
- Encourages Speakers to proactively seek speaking engagements.
- Recruits, trains and develops FSP Speakers.
- Recruits volunteers for key positions.
- Responds to volunteers' offers of assistance; providing all who ask with
at least one task.
- Maintains the How to Help list of volunteer activities.
Welcome Wagon Coordinator
- Helps new migrants to assimilate in NH.
- Advises local NH Groups on activities.
- Coordinates communication between local NH Group Leaders and FSP